Have you ever experienced a hard drive or Operating System crash that resulted in data loss?
If so, then you are at the right place at the right time. Disk Recovery Software is one of the best data recovery software that can restore files from corrupted, formatted, reformatted or repartitioned hard drives. You may lose files from hard drive mainly due to two reasons i.e. physical failure or logical corruption issues.
Reviews and Testimonials
- Physical Failure:
If your hard drive is corrupted due to physical failure then it may show below the mentioned faulty sign.
- The hard disk is making clicking or grinding sounds
- The hard drive is not recognizable in the Disk Management window
When your hard disk is physically damaged or read/write head is crashed then data recovery becomes very difficult and it is not possible to restore the files using any data recovery tool. If the lost files is very important to you then you should take the help of professional data recovery companies.
If your hard disk is corrupted due to logical problems then you can easily get back the lost files using Disk Recovery tool. Following are the probable reasons for the loss of files due to logical corruption issue
- Accidental deletion or formatting of partitions: You might have accidentally deleted or formatted the wrong partitions using Windows Disk Management utility. The Windows Disk Management utility allows you to open, delete, shrink and format the partitions. If you select the wrong partition while deleting or formatting the partition then all the files stored in that specific partition is deleted resulting in data loss.
- Improper repartitioning of the hard drive: You may also lose your essential files while trying to create the new partition or while reallocating the free space among partition or resizing the partition using some third party utility. When you are trying to reallocate free space or while resizing the partition, you may accidentally delete the existing partition resulting in data loss.
- Bad sectors: Bad sectors are the sectors of a hard disk, which does not able to store files due to accidental damage or manufacturing defects. Bad sectors cannot be repaired and the files stored in that specific area of hard disk is lost. Additionally, bad sectors do not allow you to access the data located in further sectors of hard disk. When you try to access the data from hard disk, it may freeze up for longer time making data inaccessible resulting in data loss.
- Unintentional deletion of files: You might have accidentally deleted the file and emptied the Recycle Bin. When you empty the Recycle bin, all the files that have been moved to the Recycle Bin are deleted resulting in data loss. If you have accidentally deleted the files using “Shift+Del” keys then they are not moved to the Recycle Bin instead they bypasses the Recycle Bin resulting in data loss
- Operating System crash: When OS crashes, you may get error messages like “Missing Operating System” or “Operating System does not able to boot”. The main cause behind this problem is MBR corruption. Actually, the Operating System is stored in the boot sector called as MBR (Master Boot Record). As you turn on the computer, BIOS loads the MBR in order to boot the Operating System. If MBR gets corrupted then it may redirect you to some other location or sector resulting in unwanted error messages. These error messages do not allow you to access the data resulting in data loss
- Accidental conversion of partition from dynamic to basic: You might have accidentally converted the dynamic disk to basic disk by deleting all the volumes of the hard disk. It is possible to convert basic disks to dynamic disk without any data loss but, it is not possible to convert dynamic disk to basic disk without any data loss. When you convert dynamic to basic, all spanned volumes are deleted resulting in data loss
Popular brands of hard drives, file systems and Operating System supported by Disk Recovery Software:
Hard drives: The brands of hard drives supported by Partition Recovery tool are Western Digital (Element, MyPassport Essential, and Caviar Green etc.), Seagate (Barracuda, FreeAgent GoFlex Desk USB 3.0, Expansion Portable drive etc.), Samsung (EcoGreen, S2 Portable, and SpinPoint etc.), Sony, Hitachi etc.
File System: FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS5 and ExFAT are the different types of file system supported by Partition Recovery Software.
Operating Systems: Supports Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008
What user should not do after losing the data?
- You should not copy or save any files on the hard disk to avoid overwriting of files thereby avoid permanent data loss
- You should not keep the drive in the freezer when your hard drive crashes.
- You should install the disk recovery software on healthy disk and should not save the recovered files on the same drive from where you recovered the lost data.